T509 hugger on Sprint ST

Hi all
Just back from watching all the bikes blasting up and down the Chamonix pass (I wass on a snowboard, but it was +12C and very sunny).
I have a plastic Trumpet T509 hugger installed on my ST. Seems to fit perfect; watched the dealer put it on - took 10 mins, no problems.  Triumph just forgot to update the part no. to cover the ST I guess?
The new Triumph unit is considerably better than the old one (which disintegrated in <500km); it is double thickness around the bolt holes and is quite solid ie. doesn't flex and hit the rubber.
Other than a slightly vague fuel guage I have no problems to report with the bike; gearchange is now excellent after first oil change.
cheers
Jonathan

>> TXToday wrote:
Hugger:  I seem to remember asking if the hugger for the Speed Triple would
work and I recall Ross form Triumph had posted that it didn't fit quite right
in a couple places but they were working on it.  Then I heard about the carbon
fiber one that fit quite well from an aftermarket company.  Now I'm hearing
the Speed Triple A9748002 one does fit.  I'm confused.  Help?