RE: Invincashield

At 05:14 PM 03/22/1999 -0800, David wrote:
>	I enjoyed getting the attachments . . . but just to clarify:  you
>are saying not to post attachments at all, ever?

For the sanity of the digesters - I would say no. The digest portion of
majordomo tends to chew up the attachment and give raw output. Martins last
file came through as a complete digest of 400 lines of random text.

I am working on a public ftp area on triumphnet, but until then feel free
to send me any files at <eric@xxxxxxxxxx> and I will post them on the site
within 24 hours for all to see.

>	Just a couple of questions:
>
>	Do you know how long it takes for the paint to cure on our new
>STs?

As I understand it, it's not so much the paint, but the clear coat that you
need to worry about (at least that's what my painter told me). He
recommends a minimum of two weeks drying / curing time - we should all be
set on this one....

>	How does this stuff perform over contours?

the picture I had everyone view is on the back end of the tank - plenty of
contour there and it worked fine with a little patience.

>	The 3M documentation mentioned having a professional do it.  If we
>can some how get the tools 3M describes (or something like it), and we can
>take the film off as much as we want, how hard was it to do a professional
>job on your other bike?

well, I am by no means a professional (but I do play one on the web ...)
and I was able to put it on. It took me two tries on the 509 on the tank as
the film had to go in many different directions at the same time and I
ended up putting a crease in the film (by being impatient). Anyway second
try with a little more patience and I got it on. I saw recently a
"professional" installation and their tank protector had slits cut in it -
mine was by far a more professional install.

I am getting the pricing on the film and the squeegees, so you will have
everything you need to do the install.

- - Eric