99 Triumph Sprint ST..Need help..

Sprint owners...

I just bought the  99 ST..
Big leap of faith...
So far I love it.....138 miles..
Questions for the new owners...

I haven't purchased a new bike in over 20 years
and the dealer/manufacturer suggest following the
break-in recommendations... If I listen to my friends
that tell me that "NEW" engines are bullet proof, I
should drive it from "day one" like I normally would drive
it, I'm not so sure this is the way to break in the ST
and am torturing myself now by not going over 5krpm.
Any input would be appreciated....

I bought the black ST with the exhaust option and the
tank bag. The dealer tells me that the bike is 108bhp stock
but Cycle World says 100 bhp. If I've added the pipe, how
much bhp have I REALLY added and has anyone put the ST
on the dyno to prove that measurement??...

Also, please give me good/rave or bad/recall input on this
bike. I am SO impressed with the torque and power of the
bike BUT I'm also concerned with the quality in general of
the bike..

All your input will be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Ian Hallihan