Re: Speedometer error

James, thanks for the efforts with the radar gun measurements - like you
said, I think we can be fairly confident of what the Sigma is displaying.

As long as the error is under 10% I wouldn't be worried about replacement.
Like you said, the only time we are really worried anyway is when that cop
passes us going the other way ....

>  I also rode a 595 Daytona yesterday and the single pass gave me the same
>difference at 80mph indicated.

Many of the T5's have been checked on the T5list and they all come up 5-10%
off.

>The 595 had a 17 tooth front sprocket and
>high carbon pipe.  It had more punch than the Sprint.  The front wheel got
>much lighter under full throttle acceleration in the first two gears.  The
>Sprint was more linear.  I like the carbon pipe on my Sprint as it was

and that's exactly how they show up on torque curves as well. I don't see
that there would be a big difference in going to the 17 on the ST - it
would not produce the same result as the 955

> Jack Lilley said he would post a photo of the taller tinted windscreen to
>the list as soon as he got one in.

Steve has promised to send me pics of all his ST accessories when he gets
them so that I can put them up on the accessory page

- - Eric