Re: Sprint or Daytona????

Greetings Per,

Are you really expecting an unbiased opinion from this group ? ;-)

Buy the ST ! ....

But seriously, if you are wanting more of a sport bike for the twisties
than a bike for your commute, passenger, comfort, and trips then it would
be a toss up. Your clearance will be better on the 595 and the tune is a
little sportier (except at 5k on the 98's)

But if you are commuting and want to take trips and want to take a
passenger, the ST is your bike. I have ridden all three bikes (98 595, 99
955 and 99 ST) and if I was spending my days with a quick run here and
there and maybe 1 or 2 hours in the saddle on the weekends, I would go with
the 595. But once you go beyond that and start using the bike as a sport
tourer, the ST becomes the clear choice.

You can get on the ST and go blazing through the corners and have some fun,
but at the end of the day, you can turn around and drive 200 miles home
without feeling like you've just been in the boxing ring... And if you want
luggage (especially nice for the passenger) then once again, you would be
looking at the ST. And for your track days, pull off the luggage and the
mirrors, swivel the exhaust back up and go to town .......

There have been a few minor problems, but all in all they have not been
able to detract from the joy of owning the ST - If you only get the chance
to do one test drive, make sure it is on the ST.

>Sprint ST for 100 inclusive discount of 7% (NOK 149 000,- USD 19 350,- GBP
>12 000,-)
>Daytona 595 98 new for 107 (Same as list price for Sprint)
>Daytona  595 98 secondhand with 1250 miles (2000 km) for 100
>(all 98s is born before the new cam.)
>Daytona T955 99 for 113 inclusive of discount of 7%

Wow - I will right now stop complaining about new bike prices here in the
US - $19,350 is a hunk of change ......

- - Eric