Intro and questions

Howdy all! I have just subscribe to this list after finding out about
it from replies I received about my ST failure. As I have already
raised quite the rucus on the Triumph digest I will do my best not
to do the same here :). One dead pulse coil replaced and things
are running ok. I have contributed to Eric's feedback section on his
ST page, so you can read that to learn a little bit more about my
motorcycle history. I live in the Wet Mountains of south central Colorado
and enjoy the peace and quiet of the area, not to mention the great
motorcycle roads.

Now for the questions. Monday morning the wife and I had plans to go
for a ride and meet a few friends. We had just had the above mention
pulse coil replaced and had the bike out twice since getting it back.
When I tried to startup the bike I was getting nothing, no lights no fuel
pump buzz. Well we found that the battery was discharged, needless
to say this was quite exasperating. We had the bike out just the day
before for a quick ride and all was ok at that time. I did notice that the
fan kicked on just as I shut the bike down and locked up the garage.
At this point I have to assume that the battery may not have been fully
charged after the service and the fan must have drained it. I put the bike
on the battery tender overnight and so far it seems to be holding. Just got
back from a spirited run to Pueblo and back, and have it back on the
tender. Does this sound familiar or should I be asking for a new battery?

Also I am having the common fuel gauge problem, except mine hardly
reads over half full and the fuel light is constantly coming on. I plan on
holding off for a few weeks to see if anything comes of this on this digest
before calling the dealer to ask them to follow-up with ToA.

Ok, I guess that was long enough :).

Sas..

"What are you looking at?" Gypsy's coffin, Masters of Menace
Those who would give up personal freedom for temporary safety,
deserve neither! B. Franklin
These are my opinions, use at your own risk. mbellor(at)mindspring(dot)com
'99 SprintST  AH#72  DOD #491  ICQ #17746854