Re: Colored Wax

- --=====================_36337564==_.ALT

At 04:06 PM 3/23/99 -0500, Eric Sheley wrote:
>>Now waxing a motorcycle, with all the fairing fasteners and badges
>>and such, is a royal PITA, so I went out today looking to pick up
>>some of this stuff in black for the ST.  Nada.  Cannot find it, and
>>don't remember where I saw it.  Anybody know who makes this stuff, and
>>if any of the chain stores sell it?
>
>Rich, not sure what the wax is, but make sure that it is not silicone
>based. That will destroy your clear coat after repeated usage - this
>applies to most of the "magic" polishes that promise to restore a 70 year
>old car hood to brand new finish.
>
>If you are looking for good waxes, use a carnauba or bees wax based
>product. I personally use the S100 products and neither is bothersome to
>work with (spray and paste). The paste is used for full cleanings and the
>spray is used in between. The nice thing about the spray is that you can
>wax the whole bike in under 5 minutes and it leaves it looking top notch.

Was at the dealer tonight, and they recommended something called Spray N Shine.
They have the S100 products, but it's all in one big kit.  Anyway, SNS is a
cleaner/waxer 'spray detailer' like the S100 spray, is carnuba wax based, and
was recommended by the dealer.  Shot the bike with it and it looks like it
just came out of the paint shop.  About five minutes, like you said.  Beauty.

Thanks to all who responded.

Rich Weyand
99 Sprint ST 'Black Magic'

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx
- --=====================_36337564==_.ALT

At 04:06 PM 3/23/99 -0500, Eric Sheley wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt;Now waxing a motorcycle, with all the fairing fasteners and
badges <br>
&gt;&gt;and such, is a royal PITA, so I went out today looking to pick up
&gt;&gt;some of this stuff in black for the ST.&nbsp; Nada.&nbsp; Cannot
find it, and<br>
&gt;&gt;don't remember where I saw it.&nbsp; Anybody know who makes this
stuff, and<br>
&gt;&gt;if any of the chain stores sell it?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Rich, not sure what the wax is, but make sure that it is not
silicone<br>
&gt;based. That will destroy your clear coat after repeated usage -
this<br>
&gt;applies to most of the &quot;magic&quot; polishes that promise to
restore a 70 year<br>
&gt;old car hood to brand new finish.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;If you are looking for good waxes, use a carnauba or bees wax
based<br>
&gt;product. I personally use the S100 products and neither is bothersome
to<br>
&gt;work with (spray and paste). The paste is used for full cleanings and
the<br>
&gt;spray is used in between. The nice thing about the spray is that you
can<br>
&gt;wax the whole bike in under 5 minutes and it leaves it looking top
notch.<br>
Was at the dealer tonight, and they recommended something called Spray N
Shine.<br>
They have the S100 products, but it's all in one big kit.&nbsp; Anyway,
SNS is a <br>
cleaner/waxer 'spray detailer' like the S100 spray, is carnuba wax based,
and<br>
was recommended by the dealer.&nbsp; Shot the bike with it and it looks
like it <br>
just came out of the paint shop.&nbsp; About five minutes, like you
said.&nbsp; Beauty.<br>
Thanks to all who responded.<br>
Rich Weyand<br>
_______&nbsp;&nbsp; ___,---. ---+_______:_&nbsp;&nbsp; |Rich