Re: Source for chrome wheels? Painted mirrors?

At 07:23 PM 03/25/1999 -0600, John wrote:

>I was looking at pictures of John King's beautiful T595 on his web site
>(http://www.znet.com/~skyking/) and admiring the chrome wheels on his bike.
>Does the Daytona wheels fit the Sprint ST?
>Does anyone know where you can buy the standard Triumph wheels in chrome
>that will fit a Sprint ST?
>Has anyone taken the stock wheels off their Sprint ST and had them chromed?
>If so, what problems, if any, did you run into?
>What are the costs involved?

John,

I believe John King's wheels are polished not chromed. I sent him an email
and he will respond back to the list.

I my opinion the polishing when done properly can look just as good as
chrome and you don't have to worry about the chrome cracking or peeling.
For another look on polished wheels, go to the st page and click on the
"Turbo ST" link. There are two pics that show the whole bike including his
freshly polished wheels - expand the pics to get a bigger picture.

I want to set the wheels off a little so I am seriously considering getting
the rim lips polished .... now where is that lotto ticket?

- - Eric