Re: Bags on

At 04:52 PM 03/28/1999 -0800, Paul wrote:
>It was cool gloomy day here with some rain this morning so I decided to
>assemble and mount the bags. It took me about 5 hours altogether, I could
>probably do the next one in about 3 hours. Pretty straight forward, the
>documentation could probably be improved, not enough illustrations so you
>have to decide what the words really mean in some cases.

I think they lose something in the translation from Italian to British
..... ;-)

>I think it would be
>nice if a few more parts were pre-assembled and would really like to have

from what I've heard, dealer feedback was so strong about the bags-o-parts
that the new kits are now coming soft assembled. Supposedly it will reduce
the number of loose parts by 30-40%

>the keys matched to the keys for the bike.

I'm waiting for the problems to begin when I add the top box - then I'll
have three identical looking keys on the keyring ;-) (at least with the
givis on the old sprint, the bag key and bike key looked nothing alike ...)

- - Eric