OIL

Gentlemen and ladies,
	After I decide to give my bike it 6000 due to tight funds...
	Well it was the most expensive oil change yet.  Didn't have the tool
for the removal of the oil filter.  Oh man did they torque the shit out of
that little canister.  It took me an hour doing the screw driver through the
can trick to remove that mother.  And as if I wasn't already not happy for
the 40.00 bucks for the oil from the dealer.  I managed to put a pin hole in
the sump!
	Oh my !@#$%%^^&&.  Needless to say she just sat in the garage the
rest of the night.  Next day I am contemplating the removal of the sump
taking it to my specialty welder etc.  then it pops into my head that along
with everything else on this ride it is sensitive to things.  The
possibility of the sump warping and never sealing again...  Well then it
comes to me!  Epoxy!  Headed out to the local hardware store and low and
behold found some steel impregnated epoxy good to 250 degrees, perfect.
Cleaned her and bonded her after removing the 40.00 dollar oil.  Not wanting
to spend another 40 I grabbed my service manual looked in the lube section
and low and behold!  15W40 fully synthetic meeting API SH or SG ratings.
Headed over to the local parts place and found Mobil 1 fully synthetic 15W50
which is listed in the manual and on the back panel she states that she
exceeds the API SH rating.
	4 liters specified in the manual and each quart contains .976 liters
so 5 bottles a 3.99 each.  By the way that adds up to 20.00!  twenty bucks
folks! Not 40.00 or 50.00 bucks.
	While using the old screwdriver trick I did manage to shred the
canister.  It contains a white paper element and is really flimsy in
construction.  But it only costs 12.00.  I will do some research on this
one.  I bet there is better for cheaper.
	Moral of the story is buy the tools a do the research before jumping
on the job.  It cost too much to repair.  I got lucky with this one.  3.00
in epoxy to save my butt.  Some one out there busted the throttle locator in
the throttle housing.  I looked at that thing and it wouldn't take much to
bust that's for sure.
	Out lubing my pegs and key holes and not much to bust a peg or
scratch a panel, doh!

Sorry for length
Martin