Riding Impressions

Recent gorgeous weather allowed me to really wring out the black ST while
riding with my friends.  All of them had various brands of the current 600
sportbikes.  We hit our favorite roads at speeds ranging from somewhat sane
to utterly ridiculous. What was readily apparent when the roads got twisty
was how the abundant mid-range torque of the Sprint allowed me to gain much
higher exit speeds out of the corners and pull away from the 600s.

One rider said "Your bike doesn't sound fast, but when you roll on that
throttle she just takes off and pulls away!"

The other observation was how I was cornering so effortlessly that I twice
contacted the outside edge of my boot sole on the roadway while having the
ball of my foot on the pegs and the bike just felt so planted and
controlled.  I looked down at the speedo and thought, "No way! I can't be
going that fast this smoothly!" The ST may give away a little cornering
clearance to the pure sportbikes but  the ergonomics are well worth it.  The
flickability of the bike is superb.  it steers very lightly and holds a line
in the corners like it is on rails.

I have over 3600 miles on the bike now and she just keeps getting better
everyday.....although I am still waiting for the bags and my fuel gauge to
be fixed!

Ride Safe!
Charlie