fuel gauge

I've got a problem gas guage too. Is Triumph doing anything about this
"problem" for us? I did my whole ride today, from the red zone. Did  203 km,
(126 miles). A short but sweet ride. Still plenty left in the tank. I did
get that clicking from the front caliper(s) today though. It was when I
backed her up a bit without her running.

The manual says the fuel light should go on when there's 4 liters left,
(approx 1gal.). Mine goes on at about 6 liters, (approx 1.5gal.). It even
goes on earlier and then dissappears. I have to use my trip meter in order
to guess when it's time to refuel.

When I had my first service I had them check the guage and check the level
that the warning light turns on. They said that electrically they work. So
they checked with the general agent for Triumph here about the warning
level. They said that the manual was wrong saying 4 liters left. It should
have been 6 liters. Has anyone got or have access to the electrical schema
and the specifications for the dial? I'd like to take my own measurements
and try and isolate the problem, i.e. tank sensor or dial or the voltage
supplied to them. Wasn't there something about a 3rd party investigating
this and possibly coming up with a solution. If they do, is Triumph gonna
foot the bill for a replacement? Or is the "fix" totally in Triumphs hands?

Enjoy the miles!

Kyle
Stockholm Sweden
Black with bags