Re: Bolt recall & top rack

Carlo wrote:
>Well, I actually thought it was one of the oil cooler lines as that is
>where all the oil was accumulating (I even reported it to the list!)

I remember hearing about it - see at least you know we are reading your
posts ;-) even if we don't remember who said it.....

>What tool did you use to get the filter off? I have one witha rather
>large side handle which doesn't fit between the fairing and the pipes
>connection.

I used a filter socket that I picked up at a local auto parts store. It
fits on a standard rachet, so you can go in from the bottom and not from
the side, allowing the change with no panel removal. You are correct
though, if you use your tool which I assume grabs from the side, you would
have to remove the fairing. The filter socket cost me somewhere around $5
US - a worthwhile investment.

Hope that helps

- - Eric