Re: Bolt recall

At 07:28 PM 05/03/1999 -0700, Jim wrote:
>They reimburse the dealer for 2 1/2 hrs, and it takes close to 3 1/2 hrs, if

Thats what it took my dealer as well - between 3.5 and 4 hours. And they
only get 1.85 hours for the ST on the replacement. The Trophy 1200 has just
been upped to 3 hours - the low balls are the Tbird Sport and Legend at 1
hour.

>done properly. Out of the 5 vehicles before mine that had it done, none have
>had any bolt problems! I'm very surprised that a ride as beautiful as Eric's
>had an oil leak!!

That was the big problem - could effect one or ten. No rhyme or reason. And
no, my paint did not help me any ;-)

>You figure the math on the tough time Triumph is putting
>their committed dealers through!!

The big problem is that this recall effects multiple models. At least with
other problems, it would effect 1 model and therefore maybe account for 1/5
- - 1/3 of the dealers volume. This recall is a little more far reaching....
All I can say is remember to support your local dealer.

>Willow Springs CLASS ride next mon. 5/10/99 Are we already in May??  Jim

May? when did that happen ?

Have fun at CLASS - will expect a full report on your return.

- - Eric