Re: The first 500 miles

At 07:16 AM 05/04/1999 +0100, Mark wrote:
>Er, what bolts?  Recall letters haven't reached sunny Austria yet, but
>then I've only had the bike for ten days. I shall be getting a top rack

Sump bolts have been recalled and require replacement. Contact your dealer
or import agent to check if your bike is affected.

>Good question, what the **** are "squids"?

A squ'id (as it is a contraction) is a squirrely kid. Normally delivered as
an insult to (young) riders that spend their days thrashing their rides by
running as fast as they possibly can. Points are awarded for scraping
sliders, body parts and fairings in that order. If you come upon a group of
riders on beat up 600's that look as if they've been towed behind a truck
for the last 500 miles, be warned - you are in squid territory.

>Come to that, what's a VIN
>(although that's pretty easy to guess).

"Vehicle Identification Number" or in other words, that big number stamped
on the frame.

>It is sometimes hard to follow
>your mode of conversation...

Don't feel bad - I sometimes have a problem following my own thoughts....

If we toss something out that is wrong or doesn't make sense, don't
hesitate to speak up.

- - Eric