Re: accessary exhaust

> The bottom of the pipe is marked For off road use only.

    How obvious is it?

    I rode up to Snetterton with two friends on Saturday to watch some
more friends club racing, and the three of us were stopped by two
policemen in Great Bardfield so that they could check over our bikes
for any naughtiness.  Since all three bikes were completely standard
(except for the number plate on Liam's brand new ZX6R - he actually
*insisted* on being given a ticket so that he can give the dealer
hell!) we had a reasonably pleasant chat with the coppers, who were
mainly concerned with loud pipes as the B184 is a known Good Road and
there have been complaints about noisy bikes.

    Anyway, the cop who inspected my bike gave it a quick once-over,
walked around the back to look at the can and said everything was
fine.  When we were stopped later I was looking at the bike and
realised that I could see any markings on the can.  A closer look
revealed - still no markings!  I thought that to be legal in the UK a
can had to have a maker's mark, British Standards mark or E mark, so
is the stock Sprint ST can technically illegal in this country?!  More
importantly, how obvious is the mark on the Triumph sport exhaust, and
how loud is it?  I'm hoping to get mine fitted on 26 May :-)

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_              if you think that angle grinders are
  ixion.org.uk    / -.--.    ___    the funnest tool [...] you obviously
+44 171 721 2672 _\_x ~-.`--'_.-'   had a childhood sadly deprived of
                / /\\    \--'_ \\   oxy-acetylene cutting gear.
'99 Sprint ST   \__/ `---'  \__/                        -- Andy the Pugh