Passenger Footpegs

I just got back from a weekend in the Hill Country of Texas. For those of
you not aware that you are not living in Mecca, this is the heart of Texas.
It's kind of high desert with plateaus. The roads are long straights that
feed into twisties up the plateaus. It is also where Luchenbach is located
for you cw fans (I'm not, but the beer was cold). This was the first time my
wife rode on the back with the bags on. The bags crowd her feet which makes
it impossible to rest the balls of her feet on the pegs. It looks like I can
make a spacer to drop the passenger pegs and this would give her more room
without crowding my feet or scraping when cranked over. Anyone else have
this problem?