RE: Passenger Footpegs

Thanks Paul. I'm going to talk to Keith at RPM about it this weekend and see
what we can come up with.

- -----Original Message-----
From: Paul Steinbacher [mailto:psteinbacher@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 1999 9:33 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Passenger Footpegs

I had not quite the same problem. We ride 2up pretty regularly and when we
first saw the ST my wife said I needed to find a way to do something with
the passenger pegs. We have previously used hose of some type tie wrapped to
the peg which gives some isolation and my wife says helps a lot. We really
could not bear the thought of hose/tie wrap on this bike so asked the dealer
if he could make a set of Trophy passenger pegs work. They were on the bike
when we picked it up. My wife really likes them but they looked a
bit....large? Once I got the bags on though they look right at home. I guess
the point is that there are probably many pegs around that could be made to
fit which will provide lots more comfort. The pegs on the Ducati ST2 look
pretty nice as a matter of fact and I have been giving some thought to
trying to replace front and rear with something like that, or maybe BMW
R1100S, wonder what the price of those cuties might be!

Paul Steinbacher