Re: ... Top Speed

BiKE mag tested the ST at Bruntingthorpe in the UK and got a top speed of 156 mph (I think). This seems to match well with the result from the Motorrad test.  More interestingly it annihilated VFR, R1100S and ST4 in roll-ons from 60kph in 4th, 5th and 6th!
Near here there is a very straight section of Autobahn (with unlimited speed limit!), but testing would involve getting up very early on a weekend, so dont hold your breaths!
cheers
Jonathan
ps. dates for ST Eurotour will be annouced shortly.

>>> <TXToday@xxxxxxx> 06/05/99 01:40:06 >>>
While Honda filters fit Triumphs, are they the same inside?  I've always
heard Honda made really good filters; price aside, which would be the best
filter to use?

For anyone wondering, the Speed Triple hugger fits and works great.
<chomp>
Anyone get over 142 with the pipe and tune?  I think Rider got 142 as their
top speed.

Rick Paukert
The Woodlands, TX