Re: Cheers & Jeers, Its finally here(s)!

Lance LaCerte, Psy.D. wrote:

> Just picked up the "extremely fast red" ST today---- I couldn't wait any
> longer to get some miles in on it, even though the dealer has not gotten the
> replacement engine bolts.
>
> Had the great fortune of meeting Andrew Jones who is the Rocky Mountain
> Region Triumph Sales Manager.  He confirmed that Triumph is well aware of
> the fuel gauge problems, and indicated that they apparently switched
> suppliers and that the problem apparently lies with the guage itself, not
> the sender.
>
> Anyway -- WHAT AN INCREDIBLE MACHINE, after thinking that I had enjoyed
> thrashing around on my Concours for 12 years, this is like riding a
> bicycle -- so lithe, quick, lean and mean!!!!!
>
> Now for the jeers, and a request for some help---- After 200 miles I notice
> that the lower right corner of the oil cooler is caked in oil residue.  I
> seem to remember another ST member posting this same problem and I can't
> remember if the fix is as simple torquing the bolt, or do I have to take it
> in to the dealer --- any help with this would be appreciated.
>
> Lance LaCerte, Denver, CO
>
> P.S., Andrew informed me that, although they don't advertise this, if one
> wants to spend a little extra (I don't know how much that is), you can order
> the ST in another factory color -- such as that wonderfully outrageous lime
> green!!!!!!!

Lance, I wish I had heard that rumor before, I would have opted big time
for that nice deep BRG that's on the trophy. I'm lining things up this
winter to do just that. Paint it. I like the black but it is turning out
to be such work to keep it up. Regards, Steve.