Tri vs UJM oil filters

After performing surgery on two oil filters, the following
facts are noted. As with the external dimensions, the filter
element in the Triumph filter is shorter and fatter than the
Honda filter, 46mmX61mm vs 54mmX58mm. Both elements
have 55 pleats about 8mm deep. The oil pressure relief
valve is constructed differently, but as near as my Mark
One Pressure Measuring Device, aka my index finger,
can tell, the pressure to open them is about the same. Both
have a plastic disc over the input ports that prevents the
oil from siphoning out of the filter. Also makes it damn
messy to cut one open... Filter element material seems
to be similar. I'll leave you to your own conclusions
regarding the use of the more expensive (in my
experience) Japanese filter...

Anybody got the factory service manual yet?? Mine's on
order and I could use the torque specs on the upper and
lower triple clamp bolts. Thanks!

And thanks to the continued information flow on the sump
bolt recall. Sounds like the problem has serious implications
and I need to keep after my dealer to get the parts before
my first trip in 2 1/2 weeks... Anybody actually seen the
new "improved" centerstand yet?

Another question: how does the Triumph accessory muffler
for the Sprint compare to the accessory muffler for the 509,
about the same noise level or any quieter? One of my pals
has the 509 with pipe, and it's a bit louder than I'd care for.

Took my first "real" ride up a local canyon (along the Poudre
River) and had a blast. The bike rocks... Handling is great
with the undisturbed preload setting (probably needs more
for my, ahem, current avoirdupois). The bike turns easily,
tracks well, stops with the best. When fully broken, I'll be
heading to the local track to really wring it out.