Re: Tankbag & Buzzing

I did not see an answer to the torque question posed by Brian yet so just in
case someone still need it here it is.

Fuel tank to frame-rear fixings  5 NM     3.7 foot pounds

I'm not too sure what it would mean to have the tank bag in the equation,
with those kind of torque figures probably not a whole lot.

Paul Steinbacher

> I too have the tank bag and love it.  I ended up at the dealer with my
bike
> and having to install the bag there with the tools I had (the mechanic
didn't
> want to give up his tools).  The two bolts that hold the plastic gas tank
> cover down weren't torqued tight and I managed to get them out and back in
> with my Leatherman without damaging the bolts.  The only thing I dislike
about
> the tank bag is that the pad isn't easily removed for cleaning the bike.
>
> Dan Wallander
> Red Sprint ST.
>
> Brian Wolfe wrote:One thing to note, this is a braket setup so you need a
> torque spit
>
> > wrench to remove the two rear tank mounting bolts to install. My dealer
> > thoughtfully forgot to install the thing (I had installation of all
> > accessories included in my purchase price as I didn't want any hassle)
> > and I didn't have the torque spit. I'm going to buy the thing and charge
> > it back to the dealer. Does anyone have the specs for the size of those
> > two bolts? I was able to install it by looping through the frame but the
> > clearance was very tight and it took a while.....

End of st-digest V1999 #73