Re: st-digest V1999 #75

Just thought I'd add my $.02 on  some of your comments. I also Dumped my ST
on Friday with 680 miles on it. Watched some young mother in front of me in
her Toyota mini van leave the red light on a right turn, looked left, saw
nothing coming so I started to go and "Bang" there she is still sitting
there, for what reason, only she knows. So I hit her and went down. Busted
the front fender and scratched up the right side fairing and had a sore knee
for a couple of days but every thing else seemed OK. I was on my way for my
500 mile check-up. Dropped the bike off and Dave, the owner of Lancaster
H*nd*-Triumph, gave me a red ST to run to work. When I returned in the
evening to pick up my black one they said mine had the loose sump bolts and
they had the bolts but no sump gaskets. So they gave me this lousey 1200
Bandit to use this week till they get mine fixed. I imediately took that
thing home and parked it and got on my old trusty 750 Ducati.
       One comment on tires. I find the bridgestones a trying to slide out
from under me at the rear. But I have D 207's on my Ducati and they are even
worse. They are the scariest tires I've ever had on a sport bike. I just got
rid of a hopped up Buell S3T when I got the Triumph and I ran D 205's on that
and always was impressed with them. Never did anything unexpected and I
usually got 6500 miles out of the rear ones. So I'd be interested in what
people are putting on there Triumph to relace the Bridgestones, 'cause I
ain't puttin no more bridgestones on mine.

Cheers,
Warren in PA