RE: st-digest V1999 #79

Good point. I stand corrected.

- -----Original Message-----
From: King,John [mailto:skyking@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 1999 4:27 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: st-digest V1999 #79

Hello Dennis,

I would advice not to reuse a gasket if at all possible. Gaskets compress
to form that seal. Then to have it perform that function twice; there
potential for the gasket not to completely seal (compress properly) again.
I would say that most of the time it will seal but why take the chance?
Also, you are subjecting the threads and engine internals to exposure an
additional time if you do have a gasket leak and have to perform a gasket
replacement.

Regards,
John