Re: Those wiring problems

Mike

>Seeing what goes wrong on the Sprints before I buy one with a small
>fairing (when they finally produce one), or until someone lobs one
>down the road so I can buy it at a reduced rate and modify it as
>required...

Same here Mike but it isnt inspiring alot of confidence in me to consider
buying one yet.  Seems like the Sprint ST buyers are having some of the
teething probs we had with the early 595 / 509's. I would really have
thought that Triumph would have got its act  together as regards centre
stands, fuel gauges, dangerous wirirng  etc etc .  The loosening bolt
problem cant be laid at Triumphs door, I agree.

My 91 Trophy 1200 was no problem as were my Daytona 900 , 1200 and previous
Thunderbird, The 1st 595 had the frame recall and flat spot.  The 2nd ,
Orange 595 seems to get better after every new tune and since the fitting of
the free flowing, but noisy, MAXX exhaust. I just had the the 6000 service
last weekend and they changed the rusty disc  and front spindle bolts, under
warranty at the same time. I just fitted the D207s to it that have stood in
my agrage for 6 months.

My newest Thunderbird has just had a rev counter change.. it stuck at 4500 rpm.
The new rev counter doesn't now match the speedo.. a point I will take up
with the dealer when I next take in the Thunderbird.

>And I thought I might keep people up to date with the new Triumph
>factory (it's not just a car park any more, there's eight or ten big
>construction machinery things and some concrete pipe there as well).

I saw that last week when I took a peek, whilst passing Hinckley.

Regards

Patrick