Re: ^&%$^& Rollover Valve

At 08:19 AM 05/21/1999 -0400, Brian Wolfe wrote:
>> Yes that is the part, but it would have nothing to do with your fuel pump
>> sound.
>
>Oh....What was your reason for removing that sucker?

In looking for the pressure lock on the EFI system, I determined that the
valve was on the wrong line and upside down. After checking with Triumph
America, I found that the new production bikes did not have it anyway, so I
decided to pull it while I had the fairing off.

>That might be a cuase then, yes?

of a non starting problem - don't think it would affect the sound of the pump

>> The one attached to the fuel pressure regulator?
>
>I guess so. That's the part that's actually the whiner. It is shaped
>almost like the back of a small audio speaker and has one nipple (with
>hose coming off mentioned above) coming off at the 7:00 position.

That sounds like it, but my hose comes off at the 2:00 position - will look
tonite to verify we are talking about the same thing.

>Yeah problem is that noise only appears when it's cold. The dealer is
>down in Fresno, the furnace of California. So when they turned the bike
>over down there, problem solved.

I thought yours was always making the loud noise ? is it only when starting
when cold or all the time when cold?

- - Eric