Re: Expensive lesson in the school of hard rocks.......

Bob Bitchin wrote:

> Hi Everyone, just got back from a cool weekend away with thirty other
> Triumph's. It was a run organized by my local shop,
[Story of much fun and damaged equipment]

Hmmmm... a ride organized by your local shop just happens to take a road
with a lot of rocks on it, resulting in a lot of broken bits that will
need to be fixed by the same local shop. Hmmmm....

I'm kidding! I'm kidding! I'm sure the shop folks were as surprised and
disappointed as everyone else about the road condition. Sorry to hear
that the ride turned out to be more expensive than planned!

Anyways, for headlight protection you might want to investigate the
InvincaShield that Eric's been writing about. I believe it's similar to
the stuff that Griot's Garage (a snobby mail-order tool company in
Tacoma, Washington USA) sells for protecting the headlights on cars.
Griot's version is 23 mils thick, optically clear, treated not to
yellow, and they claim that it'll withstand a pellet rifle shot from 20'
with no damage to the underlying lens.

- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Higher Education Consulting