New kid on the block

Hi there,

In the little welcome mail I received after siginig up I was asked to
present myself.
So here it is:

My name is Philippe Deraeve, I'm 30 and living in Belgium, in the city of
Ghent.

I'm driving a Sprint ST since march this year, and must say it's the
greatest bike I have ever owned (1Suzuki GT550, 1 Suzuki GT250, 1 Suzuki
GT500, 1 Suzuki GN400, 1 MZ 250 (+Sidecar), 1 Suzuki GSX 750 ESD, 2 Triumph
Trophy 900).

After two full day sessions on a race track last year, I realised it was
time I changed my good old Trophy 900 ('94 model year) for something with a
little more ground clearance. I' ve trying almost every friend's bike since
then (Blade, Blackbird, Duc SS900, VFR 750 and 800, TRX 850, ... and even
my wife's TDM850) and found that the VFR was the best compromise one could
find on the market, .... apart from the fact that it missed the bottom and
mid range power that I had come addicted to with my Trophy.
Thank you mr. Bloor for making the bike I was just waiting for!

After two months with the ST I noticed some minor problem: after having had
the crankcase bolts being replaced by the dealer (didn't see the invoice
yet, so I suppose no charge)  the engine started leaking oil. It's leaking
where you have the axle of the gear selector coming out of the engine. Has
anyone else experienced an oil leakage there or is this just me?

Also have some problems with the fuel gauge, but there apparently I'm not
the only one. My dealer told me that here is no "cure" for this problem for
the moment, but that it will not take long before this will be sorted out.

Can anyone give me some advice on the suspension settings: Scraped the
right side of the fairing in a nice curve (two on the bike). Must say there
was a little bump in the road. I've "hardened" the rear part but haven'
touched the fork yet.

Thanks for your replys and advice (I hope I'll be getting).

Yours Truly
Philippe Deraeve.