Tale of woe ..... broken radiator!

A little bad luck came my way last Thursday. I was riding to a bike meet
that's held once a week and while waiting in line to get in and park amoung
the sea of bikes I started smelling coolant! By the time I got her parked
the needle went half way to the red and then back to normal. When I climbed
off I saw that the whole left side of her was covered in blue dots. I had
coolant everywhere! The fairing, the frame, the swing, my boots ....
Naturally I took it real easy on the way home. The temp meter didn't budge
from the normal position and I was glad. Early Friday morning I took her to
my dealer and we took off the left fairing and looked around. The whole
inside of the fairing was coated in coolant and much of the engine. We
couldn't find the leak right off so I said to Mike the mec ... Why don't we
start her up and let her get hot and see where she gets wet. We did and it
didn't take long before we saw that the coolant was dripping out through the
fins at the rate of about a drop per 1/2 - 1 second. Not good!! The radiator
had bitten the dust! I've only had her about a month. Mike checked to see if
they had any radiators at home and of course they didn't. So the next call
was to Hinkley. They said that they could express a new one to him next day.
Unfortunately the next day was a Saturday so the earliest that he could get
it was Monday. Monday was a holiday here so we ended up getting it today,
Tuesday. By the end of the day it was mounted and the coolant was added.
Mike wanted to clean her all up and give her a good test so I told him to
keep her until tomorrow so he can be sure that she's back to her normal self
again.

I did get to borrow a Triumph Legend TT while I was Sprintless. Great bike
if you just want to putt around under 110 kmh on dry roads. When it rains,
as my girlfriend found out, the water from the back tire sprays past the
sides of the back fender and hoses down the backsides of your legs and your
whole back. She was wet from the bottom of her helmet to the bottom of her
feet! Needless to say she didn't like riding it on wet roads.

Sorry about the length .....

The good news is that I'll get her back tomorrow and it won't cost me a
cent!

Enjoy the ride and ride to enjoy!

Kyle Rocke
Stockholm Sweden