RE: Questions

 Here's my .02.
 Just a few questions to members of the list. Can the oil level and coolant
level be checked with the bike on the center stand or should the bike be on
the side stand?.
I always check mine on the centerstand. I leave it on the centerstand in the
garage anyway. I usually do maintinence before and after each ride such as
adjust/lube the chain and check all levels and tire pressure.

 Also  is the chain to be adjusted to the 35-40mm with the bike on the
center stand ?
I adjust it on the centerstand but I also check it on the side stand. I
ruined oine chaiin on my old Sprint by tighening it too much on the
centerstand.

 Will the weight of a person make this to tight?
You should be ok if you do the above.

 The manual was not to clear on this.
I know. The manuals these days seem to focus on warnings instead of pratical
info.

 Any recomendations for a good flat repair kit?
I don't know the brand I have but any plug repair type kit should work. Make
sure you buy extra CO2 cartriges and practice on an old bycycle tire or
something. You will need 4 to 5 cartriges to fill it up to 35lbs and you
don't want to be in the boonies with a flat and find out your kit is missing
something.

 And finally back to the subject of warm weather riding gear. What do people
wear. People in Texas?
I have a Vanson full perf jacket. They're pricey ($450) but worth every
penny. I just get nervous riding without a jacket in Summer. Of course it
gets hot when you stop in trafic but as soon as you get going again it cools
you quick. Also, I forget what they are called but there are bandanas filled
with gel you soak in water and tie around your neck. This really works great
by cooling the blood going to your head.

Dennis