Re: Vent Lines & Buzzing - update

Andrew Kulp wrote:

> After one week and about 500 miles of starting and riding my ST after
> removing the overflow valve in the overflow line, my fuel pump buzzing seems
> to have gotten better, however this might coincide with more balmy
> temperatures in the morning.  Most of the time the buzzing only lasts for a
> few minutes but sometimes in the morning it still lasts for 15 or 20
> minutes.  In short, I think the verdict is still out as to what is the
> ultimate cause of the prolonged fuel pump whining.  I have not experienced
> the excessive vacuum in the tank that causes the bike not to start
> condition,  though I hadn't experienced that even when the check valve was
> installed backwards (from the factory).  Thought some of you guys might want
> to know.
>
> Andy

Yeah-

Mine definately coincides with the weather. Hotter, less buzzing. Colder
more buzzing. I haven't removed the rollover yet but my ST is going into
the dealer soon to have the performace pipe installed. I've put them on
notice that they need to work with Triumph on this  buzzing deal so I'm
not going to fiddle with it anymore 'till then.

As far as I'm concerned, any buzzing after the initial pressurization
(b4 ignition) is unacceptable.

Brian