Re: Got It!!

At 10:31 AM 05/28/1999 -0400, Troy Blood wrote:
>Well I finally got the ST yesterday. I rode it home from the dealership,

Congratulations - and welcome ...

>about 135 miles. It was kind of scary being on the interstate only being
>able to go 60 mph for the first hundred miles while everybody blew past
>at 70+ mph.  I have already had my first problem.  The fuel gauge is
>stuck on FULL. It hasn't budged since I left the dealership.  What is
>the typical fuel range for a tank full of gas? I dont want to be
>stranded on the side of the road!

Even when running hard (at 100mph+) I still get well over 200 miles to the
tank - no worries if you are at 135.

Also, even if you have a perfectly functioning gauge, it will not register
anything but full for the first 90-120 miles as the sensor does not extend
to the top of the tank. Once you have drained sufficient fuel, you will
start to see a drop and it will increase the further down the tank you get
(as the tank tapers the further down you get)

HTH

- - Eric