Final purchasing options

I'm about to purchase my first brand new bike (an ST of course) but am not
sure of a few options and hope someone could help.

With previous bikes I've used a Scottoiler but note from the Scottoiler
website that installation on the T595 voids the warranty due to the
attachment to a vacuum.  Does anyone know if this is the same with the ST?

My other question relates to the factory supply of panniers.  I've never
had a bike with panniers but realise the convenience of such an option
(albeit an expensive one at UKP499 for the two box system).  But I also
think that they are ugly.  If I buy them, how easy is it to swap and change
between having them on and off.  When off, are the mounts obvious and ugly?

Scott Taunton