Starting problems.

The garage has now had my bike for 2 weeks trying to fix a starting problem.
The Battery has already been
replaced about 5 weeks ago so I was assuming this was OK. They have checked
the Alternator outputs and removed
the Starter Motor to check the Brushes on the advice of Triumph.

They have told me that the Battery is U/S again and needs to be replaced
because it has Sulphated (crystallised).
They believe this was caused by them not preparing the previous replacement
correctly. They tell me that the new
 Battery should have been trickle charged for 10-15hrs before putting on the
Bike. They think that it was charged
 quickly and that this damaged it, causing it not to hold its charge.

Does this explanation sound reasonable?

Cheers, Mark

Email: mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx