Re: Overheating Update

Rick Young wrote:

> Question:  Have any of you noticed small traces (drops) of coolant on the
> metal work below the overflow?  I noticed small drops during my Sunday run.
>  Perhaps the general sloshing of the fluid or a poor connection?

I did, but only after my bike came back from the dealer after its
600-mile service. I assumed that they spilled a little when topping-off
the resevoir.

> Anybody else experience similar overheating problems?  If so, what was the
> problem.

Nope, although my fan generally likes to come on after I've parked.

> BTW, when one goes without a new bike for an extended period of time one
> begins to think of alternatives.  The Aluminium Silver Daytona looks
> awfully attractive!

I agree -- I'm amazed that the one on my dealer's showroom floor has
been there for three weeks and hasn't been bought yet.

- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Higher Education Consulting
KPMG LLP