Mobil 1 MX 4T

Well after doing a fair bit of calling around I've decided to use the Mobil
1 MX 4T. From everything I've been able to find out it is the same as the
Triumph branded stuff except it is less expensive. The Triumph big jug is
about $46.00 some dealers a bit more some a bit less. The MX 4T is $7.13 to
$7.95 a quart or $28.52 to $31.80 a gallon (all prices are plus your state
sales tax, if you have any) Of course the Triumph jug is 4 liters or 4.22
gallons so one does get a bit more . I really doubt that Triumph sells
enough to have Mobil do anything different to it than what Mobil sells (
and I really doubt that it needs any tweaking, I'm pretty sure Mobil knows
what they are doing! ) of course I could be wrong. Anyway I feel confident
that I am certainly feeding my ST as Triumph recommends using the MX 4T, in
fact in my conversations with TOA the one thing that they were very
emphatic about was the use of a full synthetic motorcycle specific oil. The
only discrepancy I can find is that my owners manual calls for a 15-50
weight oil, the Mobil 1 MX 4T is 10-40. Again in my talks with TOA this was
no problem. Also I believe that the Triumph oil is also 10-40 although I
can't verify this since the Triumph jug does not state the weight! But
everyone I spoke with thought that it is 10-40.

Erik