Re: radar detector

Peter Shutes wrote:

> 1/ Does the Valentine 1 work inside the map pocket or do you
> velcro it to the top?

I've had folks tell me it works from inside a tank bag or hidden behind
the fairing, but (obviously) at a diminished capacity.

> 2/ Do the police (particularly in Australia) have any way of
> knowing if you have a detector on board? I heard somewhere that
> they have detector detectors.

I believe there's a device called a "VG-2" which is a detector detector.
It occasionally gets used here in Virginia (USA), where detectors are
illegal. The V1 claims to be shielded so that a VG-2 can't detect it.
However, most police around here just look to see if you nail the brakes
when they fire their instant-on radar guns. If you do, it becomes
probable cause that you are operating a radar detector, giving them the
right to pull you over even if you weren't speeding. :-(

- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Higher Education Consulting
KPMG LLP