Valentine/Gas Gauge/Carbon Can/Dyno Test/Rev Limiter/Polishing Wh eels

Thanks for the past info, all.

Question regarding the Valentine V1 detector...I wired one into my bike
(even tried direct to the battery).  The detector is fine until I twist the
throttle any amount.  It then goes off in the "laser radar" mode until I
shut the throttle down.  I took the bike on a test ride with the detector
mounted up on the inside of the right hand side of the windshield on a
properly made bracket.  It was wailing the whole time.  I spoke to Valentine
and they suggested the hard wiring to the battery and also to try moving it
around the cockpit.  Neither has proved to be the cure.  Any ideas???

As far as the Valentine being undetectable, here is some food for thought.
When I am in my truck with the Valentine on and sitting in close proximity
to my buddy's car with his Bel detector on, the Valentine is quiet and the
Bel is chirping.  When I shut the Valentine off, the Bel goes quiet.  When I
turn the Valentine back on the Bel starts chirping, again.

Regarding the 'ST' gas gauge...it is crap!  Mine shows empty (with the light
on) when the tank is still half full.  As you all know, Triumph doesn't have
the fix, yet.  I wonder if Lucas is back in business and supplying Triumph
with sending units???  (kidding)

Triumph carbon fibre can...I have had one on almost since the bike was
bought.  It sounds nice and is probably (by feel) half the weight or better
than the stock can.  By nice sounding I mean it has a growl but it isn't as
obnoxious as the cans for the T-5's.  The carbon cans are a typical
straight-through design with perforated tube surrounded by glass packing.

I had my bike on a mobile dyno (dynojet) that showed up at Sport Bike West
in Kelowna, B.C. last summer.  It recorded a pretty crappy 77.7 hp at the
rear wheel.  I'll get this checked next summer down in Calgary.  I don't
think it was accurate since I can still get her up to 240+ km/h pretty
quickly.  Anyone else have any dyno numbers?  Was your hp line nice and
smooth right to the top or did it start to 'wobble'.

Rev limiter on the 'ST'...as far as I remember, is supposed to kick in at
9700 rpm.  I think this is referred to in the owner's manual or else the
shop manual.

What about the wheels on the 'ST'?  I want to either polish them and leave
bare or possibly clear coat them after they are polished.  Even chrome would
look cool although I'm not sure about the durability when using tire irons.
What should I do?  Anyone have any experience?

Mr. Bird