From: Matt Knowles [mailto:matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 1999 8:33 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: radar detector

>>         In CA it is illegal to have a detector and you can't even buy
them
>> assembled in some areas so if you buy one dis-assembled you could build
it
>> to your own spec with sensor in one area and detector in another.
>
>CA?!?! Or did you mean VA? VA and DC are the only two places I know of;
>when did CA change its law?

I've never heard that they are illegal in CA and they are openly sold. In
fact until just recently when the law was changed, it was illegal for the
highway patrol to use radar, so there really wasn't even much of a need for
radar detectors. I may have to start looking into purchasing one though as
I'm starting to see the CHIP's spending more time sitting behind trees.

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com