Leathers (was Re: Dyno Jet Commander)

Erik Miner wrote:

> Troy, I can't comment on Dyno Jet but I can comment on leathers. As far as
> suits go there is Dainese and everyone else. Dainese has pioneered more
> innovations in safety than anyone else. Their fit, workmanship, and design
> are second to none. If you are considering a full set of leathers I can't
> suggest strongly enough to try on a set of Dainese
> leathers before you buy any others.

	Hmmm.  Over here in the UK Dainese are considered by most to be
overpriced fashion items.  On the one hand I do know a road rider who
crashed in a set and they're still in good enough condition to use.  On
the other hand I've been hanging out in the paddock at club race
meetings this season and out of a couple of hundred racers I can only
remember seeing one set of Dainese leathers, worn by someone who was
sponsored by Dainese.  Most club racers who are spending their own money
get decent made to measure leathers from one of the small UK
manufacturers (Crowtree, MW, Hideout, BKS).  These suits are about the
same price or maybe a bit cheaper than Dainese but can take an
unbelievable amount of abuse, and are designed so that they can be
repaired.

	The UK manufacturers won't be much use to anyone living abroad, but if
you can I suggest you find out what your local racers recommend.

                Jim
- --
      jim@         ,'_               By and large, motorcycle racers are
  ixion.org.uk    / -.--.    ___     a bunch of opportunistic dishonest
                 _\_  ~-.`--'_.-'    self-centred cads
 '99 Sprint ST  \__/ `---'  \__/     -- Neil Ronketti (motorcycle racer)