Do it yourself Tires

I am one of those "do it yourself" types.  Maybe I do not like to trust others working on my machinery, or maybe it is just satisfaction of being able to do it without the hassle and cost of bringing others (and their "business hours") into the picture.  Many dollars can be saved through mail order (no sales tax either), and the initial cost of tools is negligable compared to down the road savings.... on to the question!

Does anyone out there have experience with mounting and balancing tires "at home" for their ST?  The mounting should be straight forward by the use of common tire mounting tools.  I have "air" (I bought Triumph Air BS955 (BS for Bead Seating) in a large quantity not too long ago..... just kidding!).  Balancing is my real concern, especially for the rear, as it appears (I have not tore it down yet) that the axle and bearing setup isn't quite conventional.  I have seen "balancing stands" out there set up for the conventional bearing/axle arrangement, and wonder about the ability of using one for the ST rear.  Possibly another method should be employed such as a "bubble glass" on a floating spindle type balancer??  Any comments or useful advise???