Re: Do it yourself Tires

>Does anyone out there have experience with mounting and balancing tires
>"at home" for their ST?

Not on the ST, but back in 86 I was working for a Suzuki dealer, where most
of my earnings went back into my race bike. The owner insisted I learn how
to change my own tires. This was even using their equipment, not doing it
by hand. Ever after that I was more than happy to pay someone $10 to mount
them.

Then in 89 while planning for my Alaska trip, I had a neighbor who owned a
dirt bike show me how to replace a tire by hand. I hoped the whole trip I
would never have to see whether I would have to perform this roadside
surgery, and fortunately, I didn't have to.

I don't know if radials are any easier or harder to mount than bias tires,
but given their importance to handling and safety, I'm inclined to leave
the mounting and balancing to a professional.

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com

End of st-digest V1999 #294