Re: Allignment question

bwolfe@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I've got The Dark Side back after my wreck but there is now a problem: My bars
> do not line up correctly. They are canted at a small but noticible angle to the
> right when I'm going in a straight line. The bike tracks fine in a straight line
> with no shimmys or wobbles.
>
> Besides bent forks, anyone have ideas about what the problem could be and/or how
> to diagnose?

Had the same problem on a Ducati which my wife wadded.  On the
recommendation of a friend that crashes in the desert frequently on
dirt bikes I tried the following which put the bars straight again.

Loosen the pinch bolts for the fork tubes on both upper and lower
triple clamps (4 total).
Roll the bike to a wall or something else solid to provide resistance
to the left side of the front tire and give a good heave on the bars
to the left.  If you are lucky, everything will go back to centered.
If not, you may have bent tubes or tweaked triple clamps.

Good luck,
Gary
Tucson Arizona