Corbin

In a message dated 11/12/99 9:56:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Clearly this is not a product universally respected by everyone, but it does
>  seem as if a lot of the negative comments about Corbin relate to poor
>  customer service and prices perceived as too high.

Coupla things bout Corbin.
Their seat prices vary widely depending on if you want leather or other
"special touches" which can add up alarmingly.
Many tend to purchase a Corbin for their "look" or feature they want.
People often ask how much the seat cost and are alarmed but fail to consider
the extras ordered.
Corbins are typically much more hard/stiff than stock.  This works out well
for heavier riders which often *sack* the stock foam.
Stock seats are designed for a wide cross section of average riders, usually
about 5'10" @ 160 lbs. and are seldom ideal for heavier or taller riders.
Corbin typically makes more room for the rider, not the passenger.
Corbin makes a better looking seat than stock and is usually constructed
better.

I happen to be heavier than the stock person and have always found Corbins to
be better than stock for me.  I don't go in for the fancier materials/options
because I'm really just looking for a more comfotable seat.  Are they
perfect?  Hell no!
I recently took the trek (1st time) to get my Corbin Trident seat modified as
I'm 6'0" and could use additional support where the leg cutouts are.  Cost to
do this? $25!  The ride home was much better than the ride up :-)

In the end, you pays yer $$ and takes your chances.  I think they are a
pretty fair deal all round but perfect...no, not much is.

Ken T. from Ca.

What's another word for thesaurus?

84' V65 Sabre, "Kong, gone but not forgotten"
95' Triumph Trident, "The Trooper"
96' Virago 1100, "Mellow If Slow"
99'Triumph Sprint St, "Bird of Prey"

COP#0018, AMA#414926, RAT#021975