Re: How much to pay for 2000 ST

In a message dated 11/5/99 5:56:51 AM, waflowers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< OK boys and girls.  It is coming up to the time for me to go into the
dealer and place my order.  However, I've never bought a new bike
before; I have no idea how to negotiate for this.

My shopping list looks like:
    2000 sapphire blue Sprint ST
    3-bag pannier set
    tank pad
    heated grips
    alarm (paranoia strikes)
    tall windscreen (keep short for summer)
    triumph tank bag ... maybe (or maybe another Tour Master)
    dust cover

Other things (e.g. Sigma BC800, Throttlemeister, etc.) I'll add as I go
later.

Can anyone give me some idea on what would be a fair price to pay or
what a reasonable discount should be? I've heard that the discount on
bikes isn't the same as acces >>

Suggest you forget the Triumph Datatool alarm-unreliable. I took off the one
I had on my Trophy and got a much less expensive and more reliable automotive
one (forget brand)
put on at Auto Radio  on India St., here in San Diego. Also forget the
Triumph tank Bag, the part that stays behind on the tank is very ugly. Have
heard on this list that RKA and (?) Wolfman make better ones for plastic (non
magnetic) tanks. Also forget the tall screen until you try the stock one. For
me, the stock screen allows just enough air at 65 mph+  to support my body in
the slight forward lean needed by the stock bars. With the tall screen you
will need the tall bars, and you bike will look dorky. You can't decide on
the basis of how it feels sitting on it in the showroom.