Re: Pannier Hardware

>I'm quite sure it can be done by the average Joe so to speak but it
>would seem wise to set aside a Saturday with lots of clean floor space.

If you think you're going to want the top bag, install the rack at the same
time you install the panniers. It took me about four hours to install the
top bag, and a lot of that work had to be undone when my panniers finally
came in and I installed them. I think assembling the panniers and
installing them took me about 5 hours. You will need to set 4 rivets on the
panniers, so make sure you have the tool or can borrow one. The directions
for both the panniers and the bag have mistakes, and then if you're
American you have to translate the instructions a bit.

If you get stuck on the directions, look at all the pieces and just figure
out for yourself what goes were.

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com