Time to buy

In a message dated 11/14/99 9:55:53 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I'm 6'1" and felt a bit cramped when sitting on the bike in the
>  showroom.  When riding the bike felt better but only rode for half hour,
>  25 miles or so.  Has anyone experience leg cramping on the long haul or
>  found any way to lower the pegs?

Just keep in mind this is a *sport* tourer.  I've purchased a few bikes I've
regreted in my life and its not fun.  I'm 49, 6'0" and about 240# and while I
can easily do a 3-400mi. day on the ST, I'm not so sure I'd wanna do a cross
country trip on it, my old 95 Trident OTOH has not been a problem on cross
country sorties.  I'm sure there are many younger, shorter and less heavy
riders on this list who could do it easily and in supreme comfort.  My point
is really examine what kind of riding your expecting to do.  If long distance
stuff really appeals to you, you may be better off with a Honda ST1100 or
similar.  Try to get the right tool for the job rather than making the tool
do what it was never intended to do.

Ken T. from Ca.

What's another word for thesaurus?

84' V65 Sabre, "Kong, gone but not forgotten"
95' Triumph Trident, "The Trooper"
96' Virago 1100, "Mellow If Slow"
99'Triumph Sprint St, "Bird of Prey"

COP#0018, AMA#414926, RAT#021975