Re: Throw-over Panniers

Rick Young wrote:

> Due to the fact that I don't require a set of hard Panniers I am interested
> in the "Sports Throw-over Panniers" pictured in the Access. & Clothing
> catalog.
>
> Anyone have experience with these?  What is the cost?  Are the panel
> protectors removable?

I have a set of the tourmaster bags soft sport bike bags.

I like them because:
	Easy on, easy off -- WAY less work than my eclipse tank bag
	not too pricey ($80??)
	neopren protects the bike surfaces (the neoprene stays on the bags / not bike)
	Amazingly spacious -- don't have exact cubic dimension, but if measured by
"beer" loading," 2 cases of cans, less 2, i.e 23 per bag,  is my exact
measurement.

I don't like the rain worthyness.  Little showers are ok, by all day rains, they
soak through, and one learns, ex post facto, that bagging clothing is a must.

BUT!  I haven't tried them on my ST, since my ST is still waiting for me at some
dealer.  YMMV

- -chuck