Re: Wahoo !!! ― Break-In

Be sure to put the engine through several heat cycles when breaking in.  The more, the better is what I have heard.  I know it is exciting to hop on the thing and do 100 miles straight, so more rpm can be explored,  but stop often, take breaks, go fast, go slow, let the engine idle so the temp will ramp up (good time to check the cooling fan..it will kick on when the temp is near the ½ zone),  smoke cigarettes, visit friends, etc. during the first few miles.  Let the tires set to the rims for the first few miles by not accelerating or braking heavy.  I got mine on a Saturday and had it in for the 500 mile oil change and checkup on Thursday so I could have an unrestricted weekend with the new baby.  BTW, my entire left forearm was sore from so much clutching, but it recovered and is now used to it.  Happy riding.