Battery tenders

I prefer to remove the battery from the bike when charging it in any way -
Battery Tender or other.  If something (who knows what?) goes wrong with the
charger or battery and this causes the battery to boil over I won't have to
do any fixing to the bike.  (I actually put my batteries in a plastic cat
litter box while charging in case something goofy happens and they lose the
ability to contain acid.)

Regarding the John Deere plug on the left side of the bike...I think it is
actually a Komatsu plug.  I say this because it is smaller than you're
typical cigarette lighter socket (metric, get it?).  I yanked the stock
socket out and put in a weather proof cigarette lighter socket.  This way, I
can plug in my cell phone or even a mini-compressor if my buddy's Honda
breaks down.

As far as I am concerned regarding damaging the computer...not likely to
occur since the Tender's are operating with controlled voltage levels and
minimal current (1.25 amp).